THE CLIENT: SiteHawk
THE PROJECT: Interim CMO Services
SiteHawk is a leading innovator in chemical data management and compliance solutions offering a complete approach to SDS management, chemical inventory tracking and product sustainability initiatives. Organizations in virtually every industry worldwide utilize SiteHawk solutions to manage their hazard communication programs, meet EHS compliance initiatives, manage chemical inventories and chemical data, publish safety data sheets and keep workers safe throughout the organization.
SiteHawk, a SaaS software provider, was a challenger in the chemical data management market. The company had garnered some success and possessed a solid roster of clients, but had not yet achieved the reputation as the market leader in their space. Furthermore, management believed that they were losing brand momentum in the market and wished to generate greater awareness in the market, as well as higher sales lead volume for the sales organization.
Consequently, SiteHawk engaged a Ballista Marketing principal in an 18-month interim CMO arrangement to develop an overall marketing strategy and actionable marketing plan with the following objectives:
- Distinctively position the SiteHawk solution portfolio
- Create a strategic, integrated marketing plan spanning awareness and perception, lead generation, and sales enablement
- Establish a strong, high value brand
- Create greater market awareness and perception for SiteHawk
- Generate leads and increase revenue
Over the 18-month project, we focused on both strategic and tactical elements to understand the market and create a marketing plan in response to accelerate company growth and establish SiteHawk as the premier offering in their space. Specifically, Ballista delivered a marketing plan and executed the following elements:
- Performed a communications environmental analysis to understand current thoughts and perceptions regarding SiteHawk solutions and capabilities
- Developed messaging and positioning platforms that establish the unique selling proposition of SiteHawk solutions
- Prepared a full-year strategic marketing plan and associated budget
- Created and executed a targeted media and analyst program that evangelized SiteHawk as a “hot” and newsworthy leader in the EHS market space
- Defined a lead generation plan focused on online lead opportunities including email marketing, thought leadership content marketing, online advertising, and SEO
The numbers speak for themselves. Working with the SiteHawk team, we helped increase lead generation rates by a factor of three, going from a 3% conversion rate to 9%; increased web traffic to 227% of the prior benchmark, and gained a position on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) solutions.